Re: colorcolumn or cursorcolumn misaligned when using conceallevel=3

  • Adrien "Axioplase" Piérard
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30 6:39 PM
      > See attached picture.

      Now with the picture…

      --
      Français, English, 日本語, 한국어

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 13, 2011
        On Fr, 01 Jul 2011, Adrien "Axioplase" Piérard wrote:

        > colorcolumn seems good, but cursorcolumn is definitely not doing what I expect.
        > See attached picture.
        >
        > I have
        > cole=2, cocu=nc g:tex_conceal='agm'
        > The concealed line is $$\lambda P_1 \vdash 42$$ and the cursor in
        > "somewhere in the lambda".

        This is a bug. The problem is this line in function win_line() in
        screen.c

        ,----
        | if (wp->w_p_cuc && VCOL_HLC == (long)wp->w_virtcol)
        `----

        The problem is, wp->w_virtcol does not take into account the offset for
        the concealed chars.

        Here is a patch, that tries to address this issue. This has one problem:
        Since one needs to calculate the offset of the line the cursor is at,
        all lines that have been drawn before the cursor line, will still be
        slightly off. I don't know what the best way is to solve this issue.

        Bram, can you give a hint, how to solve this? Is there a better way to
        calculate the column offset for the column on which the cursor is? I
        don't know the syntax code and the win_line() function is hard to
        understand, since it is too large, so any help is appreciated.

        regards,
        Christian

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 14, 2011
          Christian Brabandt wrote:

          > On Fr, 01 Jul 2011, Adrien "Axioplase" Piérard wrote:
          >
          > > colorcolumn seems good, but cursorcolumn is definitely not doing what I expect.
          > > See attached picture.
          > >
          > > I have
          > > cole=2, cocu=nc g:tex_conceal='agm'
          > > The concealed line is $$\lambda P_1 \vdash 42$$ and the cursor in
          > > "somewhere in the lambda".
          >
          > This is a bug. The problem is this line in function win_line() in
          > screen.c
          >
          > ,----
          > | if (wp->w_p_cuc && VCOL_HLC == (long)wp->w_virtcol)
          > `----
          >

          > The problem is, wp->w_virtcol does not take into account the offset for
          > the concealed chars.
          >
          > Here is a patch, that tries to address this issue. This has one problem:
          > Since one needs to calculate the offset of the line the cursor is at,
          > all lines that have been drawn before the cursor line, will still be
          > slightly off. I don't know what the best way is to solve this issue.
          >
          > Bram, can you give a hint, how to solve this? Is there a better way to
          > calculate the column offset for the column on which the cursor is? I
          > don't know the syntax code and the win_line() function is hard to
          > understand, since it is too large, so any help is appreciated.

          I'm not sure when I have time to look into this.

          --
          They now pass three KNIGHTS impaled to a tree. With their feet off the
          ground, with one lance through the lot of them, they are skewered up