Re: [BUG] `verbose set sw?' is not working in help buffer

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2011
      On 26/06/11 11:15 AM, ZyX wrote:
      > Reply to message «Re: [BUG] `verbose set sw?' is not working in help buffer»,
      > sent 04:12:57 26 June 2011, Sunday
      > by Bram Moolenaar:
      >
      >> In help files the option values are set to sane values. Option values
      >> set in the program don't have a verbose location.
      > If I set 'sw' to 100 it will remain set to 100 in a help buffer. It does not
      > look like a `sane' value. And it is not a value defined by Vim itself, so it is
      > a bug.

      The local option is set from the global option, not from a file, so has
      no verbose location.

      :verbose setglobal sw?

      will show you whence the global option was set.

      I wouldn't call it a bug.

      But it could be a helpful enhancement to, when setting a local option
      from a global option, also set the verbose location.

      Ben.