Problem in gui_mac.c?

  • Lech Lorens
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2011
      I found the following fragment in gui_mac.c:

      #v+
      if (gui.which_scrollbars[SBAR_BOTTOM]);
      p.v += gui.scrollbar_height;
      #v-

      The indentation suggests that the author's intention was to increment
      p.v only when the condition is true, but the semicolon at the end of the
      "if()" line prevents it.
      Looks like the semicolon shouldn't be there.

      --
      Cheers,
      Lech

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2011
        Lech Lorens wrote:

        > I found the following fragment in gui_mac.c:
        >
        > #v+
        > if (gui.which_scrollbars[SBAR_BOTTOM]);
        > p.v += gui.scrollbar_height;
        > #v-
        >
        > The indentation suggests that the author's intention was to increment
        > p.v only when the condition is true, but the semicolon at the end of the
        > "if()" line prevents it.
        > Looks like the semicolon shouldn't be there.

        Indeed. However, nobody complained. Was something else hiding this
        problem, or does fixing it reveal nother proboem?

        141. You'd rather go to http://www.weather.com/ than look out your window.

      • Lech Lorens
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011

          06-06-2011 05:42 użytkownik "Bram Moolenaar" <Bram@...> napisał:

          > Indeed. However, nobody complained.  Was something else hiding this
          > problem, or does fixing it reveal nother proboem?

          I won't be able to check, whether removing the semicolon causes any unexpected problems, because I don't even know where the nearest Mac could be ;-) Sorry.

          Cheers,
          Lech

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011
            Lech Lorens wrote:

            > 06-06-2011 05:42 użytkownik "Bram Moolenaar" <Bram@...> napisał:
            > >
            > > Indeed. However, nobody complained. Was something else hiding this
            > > problem, or does fixing it reveal nother proboem?
            > >

            > I won't be able to check, whether removing the semicolon causes any
            > unexpected problems, because I don't even know where the nearest Mac could
            > be ;-) Sorry.

            Perhaps the vim_mac lists triggers a response?

            This was the original remark:

            > I found the following fragment in gui_mac.c:
            >
            > #v+
            > if (gui.which_scrollbars[SBAR_BOTTOM]);
            > p.v += gui.scrollbar_height;
            > #v-
            >
            > The indentation suggests that the author's intention was to increment
            > p.v only when the condition is true, but the semicolon at the end of the
            > "if()" line prevents it.
            > Looks like the semicolon shouldn't be there.

            146. You experience ACTUAL physical withdrawal symptoms when away
            from your 'puter and the net.