Re: added TextDeleted and TextYanked events

    Message 1 of 27 , Jun 2, 2011
      Philippe Vaucher wrote:

      > So, Bram is that ok? Do you want the patch on another medium? Are
      > there issues I didn't address?

      I need to have a closer look. Bugs usually have a higher priority than
      new features.

      131. You challenge authority and society by portnuking people

    • Philippe Vaucher
      Message 2 of 27 , Jun 16, 2011
        > I need to have a closer look.  Bugs usually have a higher priority than
        > new features.

        Hum, it's been a while now... should I create a ticket on
        http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/list so it's not forgotten?

        In the meantime, we did some tests about potential problems with this
        new feature:

        test: autocmd! TextDeletePost * help :write
        result:
        Error detected while processing TextDeletePost Auto commands for
        "*":
        E523: Not allowed here: help :write

        test: autocmd! TextDeletePost * bd
        result:
        Error detected while processing TextDeletePost Auto commands for
        "*":
        E523: Not allowed here: bd

        test: autocmd! TextDeletePost * normal isometext
        result: No error, but nothing inserted either

        test: autocmd! TextDeletePost * normal dw
        result: No error, but nothing deleted either

        This looks fairly ok to me.
        Philippe

      • Philippe Vaucher
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 9 7:39 AM
          Bram: this is just a message to bump this issue, to avoid that you
          forget about it.

          Thanks,
          Philippe

          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 9 10:10 AM
            Philippe Vaucher wrote:

            > Bram: this is just a message to bump this issue, to avoid that you
            > forget about it.

            It's in the todo list. That list is very long, and bug fixes have
            priority. Might take a while.

            are subscribed to.

          • Philippe Vaucher
            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 7, 2012
              > It's in the todo list. That list is very long, and bug fixes have
              > priority. Might take a while.

              How long is that list? It's been more than 6 months now :/

              Philippe

            • Jürgen Krämer
              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 7, 2012
                Hi,

                Philippe Vaucher wrote:
                >> It's in the todo list. That list is very long, and bug fixes have
                >> priority. Might take a while.
                >
                > How long is that list? It's been more than 6 months now :/

                :help todo

                Regards,
                Jürgen

              • Thilo Six
                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 7, 2012
                  Hello

                  Excerpt from Jürgen Krämer:

                  -- <snip> --
                  >>> It's in the todo list. That list is very long, and bug fixes have
                  >>> priority. Might take a while.
                  >>
                  >> How long is that list? It's been more than 6 months now :/
                  >
                  > :help todo

                  Which might be out of date. The latest version is always available at:
                  https://vim.googlecode.com/hg/runtime/doc/todo.txt

                  > Regards,
                  > Jürgen

                  Thilo

                  4096R/0xC70B1A8F

                • Philippe Vaucher
                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 9, 2012
                    > Which might be out of date. The latest version is always available at:
                    > https://vim.googlecode.com/hg/runtime/doc/todo.txt

                    Thanks.
                    Philippe

                  • Jan Larres
                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 12, 2012
                      Hi,

                      Do you maybe have a yankring-like plugin that makes use of the feature?
                      That could help people try it out in real-world scenarios.

                      Jan

                      --
                      -[ OpenPGP key ID: 00A0FD5F ]-
                      Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for

                    • Philippe Vaucher
                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 15, 2012
                        > Do you maybe have a yankring-like plugin that makes use of the feature?
                        > That could help people try it out in real-world scenarios.

                        Yes there is, see https://github.com/the-isz/MinYankRing.vim/tree/events

                        Philippe

                      • David Fishburn
                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 18, 2012
                          I will also add this to the YankRing plugin (script #1234).

                          I don't se the patch # to put a conditional check in for it.

                          Could someone let me know.

                          Thanks.

                          --
                          David Fishburn

                          On Mar 16, 2012, at 1:28 AM, Philippe Vaucher <philippe.vaucher@...> wrote:

                          >> Do you maybe have a yankring-like plugin that makes use of the feature?
                          >> That could help people try it out in real-world scenarios.
                          >
                          > Yes there is, see https://github.com/the-isz/MinYankRing.vim/tree/events
                          >
                          > Philippe
                          >
                          > --

                        • Benjamin R. Haskell
                          Message 12 of 27 , Mar 18, 2012
                            On Sun, 18 Mar 2012, David Fishburn wrote:

                            > I will also add this to the YankRing plugin (script #1234).
                            >
                            > I don't se the patch # to put a conditional check in for it.

                            It hasn't been applied yet, but you shouldn't check by patch # anyway.
                            exists() can detect whether an autocommand for a particular event is
                            supported. Use:

                            exists('##TextDeleted')

                            and

                            exists('##TextYanked')

                            --
                            Best,
                            Ben

                          • David Fishburn
                            Message 13 of 27 , Mar 18, 2012
                              On Mar 18, 2012, at 6:16 PM, "Benjamin R. Haskell" <vim@...> wrote:

                              > On Sun, 18 Mar 2012, David Fishburn wrote:
                              >
                              >> I will also add this to the YankRing plugin (script #1234).
                              >>
                              >> I don't se the patch # to put a conditional check in for it.
                              >
                              > It hasn't been applied yet, but you shouldn't check by patch # anyway. exists() can detect whether an autocommand for a particular event is supported. Use:
                              >
                              > exists('##TextDeleted')
                              >
                              > and
                              >
                              > exists('##TextYanked')

                              Perfect thanks Ben.

                              --
                              David Fishburn

                            • Philippe Vaucher
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jan 7, 2013
                                > It's in the todo list. That list is very long, and bug fixes have
                                > priority. Might take a while.

                                Bump :)

                                Philippe

                              • Philippe Vaucher
                                Message 15 of 27 , Nov 23, 2013
                                  Yawn... More than 2 years for a trivial patch like this.

                                  https://github.com/Silex/vim/commit/de53ab72c89affa8ba77536ed8920751c037d127

                                  Honestly, I'm disapointed. It's been a while I don't use vim anymore but I think vim deserves a more reactive development model than the current one.

                                  Bram: I think you clearly need to nominate additional people to apply patches.