RE: reproducing 'daw' on last word in a file

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2011
      Jean-Rene David wrote:
      > Sent: Monday, 2 May 2011 12:09 PM
      > To: vim_dev
      > Subject: reproducing 'daw' on last word in a file
      >
      > I would like to fix this item from todo.txt but can't reproduce it:
      >
      > 7 When using "daw" on the last word in a file and this is a
      > single letter, nothing is deleted. Should delete the letter and
      > preceding white space.

      Both current Vim and an old Vim (7.2.18) work correctly for me,
      so I agree with SC that the item should be removed from the todo
      list.

      Bram: If you see this, please acknowledge. Otherwise, I suggest
      that Jean-Rene should add this to the next "done" patch.

      Thanks very much Jean-Rene, it's great to see the list go down!

      John

      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2011
        Jean-Rene David wrote:

        > I would like to fix this item from todo.txt but can't reproduce it:
        >
        > 7 When using "daw" on the last word in a file and this is a single letter,
        > nothing is deleted. Should delete the letter and preceding white space.
        >
        > Anyone else sees this?

        I suspect this got fixed but the todo item didn't get removed.
        Unless someone can find a combination of settings that still shows this
        problem. The item doesn't mention any though.

        --
        "Oh, no! NOT the Spanish Inquisition!"
        "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!"