Re: reproducing 'daw' on last word in a file

  • sc
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2011
      On Sunday, May 01, 2011 21:08:31 Jean-Rene David wrote:

      > I would like to fix this item from todo.txt but can't
      > reproduce it:

      > 7 When using "daw" on the last word in a file and this is a
      > single letter, nothing is deleted. Should delete the letter
      > and preceding white space.

      > Anyone else sees this?

      for me it deleted the one letter word and the preceding space,
      as it is supposed to -- maybe todo.txt simply needs that to be
      deleted

      sc

    • John Beckett
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2011
        Jean-Rene David wrote:
        > Sent: Monday, 2 May 2011 12:09 PM
        > To: vim_dev
        > Subject: reproducing 'daw' on last word in a file
        >
        > I would like to fix this item from todo.txt but can't reproduce it:
        >
        > 7 When using "daw" on the last word in a file and this is a
        > single letter, nothing is deleted. Should delete the letter and
        > preceding white space.

        Both current Vim and an old Vim (7.2.18) work correctly for me,
        so I agree with SC that the item should be removed from the todo
        list.

        Bram: If you see this, please acknowledge. Otherwise, I suggest
        that Jean-Rene should add this to the next "done" patch.

        Thanks very much Jean-Rene, it's great to see the list go down!

        John

        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2011
          Jean-Rene David wrote:

          > I would like to fix this item from todo.txt but can't reproduce it:
          >
          > 7 When using "daw" on the last word in a file and this is a single letter,
          > nothing is deleted. Should delete the letter and preceding white space.
          >
          > Anyone else sees this?

          I suspect this got fixed but the todo item didn't get removed.
          Unless someone can find a combination of settings that still shows this
          problem. The item doesn't mention any though.

          --
          "Oh, no! NOT the Spanish Inquisition!"
          "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!"