reproducing 'daw' on last word in a file

  • Jean-Rene David
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2011
      I would like to fix this item from todo.txt but can't reproduce it:

      7 When using "daw" on the last word in a file and this is a single letter,
      nothing is deleted. Should delete the letter and preceding white space.

      Anyone else sees this?

      --
      JR

    • sc
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2011
        On Sunday, May 01, 2011 21:08:31 Jean-Rene David wrote:

        > I would like to fix this item from todo.txt but can't
        > reproduce it:

        > 7 When using "daw" on the last word in a file and this is a
        > single letter, nothing is deleted. Should delete the letter
        > and preceding white space.

        > Anyone else sees this?

        for me it deleted the one letter word and the preceding space,
        as it is supposed to -- maybe todo.txt simply needs that to be
        deleted

        sc

      • John Beckett
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2011
          Jean-Rene David wrote:
          > Sent: Monday, 2 May 2011 12:09 PM
          > To: vim_dev
          > Subject: reproducing 'daw' on last word in a file
          >
          > I would like to fix this item from todo.txt but can't reproduce it:
          >
          > 7 When using "daw" on the last word in a file and this is a
          > single letter, nothing is deleted. Should delete the letter and
          > preceding white space.

          Both current Vim and an old Vim (7.2.18) work correctly for me,
          so I agree with SC that the item should be removed from the todo
          list.

          Bram: If you see this, please acknowledge. Otherwise, I suggest
          that Jean-Rene should add this to the next "done" patch.

          Thanks very much Jean-Rene, it's great to see the list go down!

          John

          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2011
            Jean-Rene David wrote:

            > I would like to fix this item from todo.txt but can't reproduce it:
            >
            > 7 When using "daw" on the last word in a file and this is a single letter,
            > nothing is deleted. Should delete the letter and preceding white space.
            >
            > Anyone else sees this?

            I suspect this got fixed but the todo item didn't get removed.
            Unless someone can find a combination of settings that still shows this
            problem. The item doesn't mention any though.

            --
            "Oh, no! NOT the Spanish Inquisition!"
            "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!"