patch - ":close" behaves strangely in command-line window

  • Jean-Rene David
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2011
      Attached is a small patch addressing todo item:

      In command line window ":close" doesn't work properly. (Tony Mechelynck, 2009
      Jun 1)

      In addition to not closing the command-line window, the history was
      modified when using ":close", when it fact it shouldn't. This behavior
      also affected ":q" while in the command-line window.

      This patch fixes both issues on my system.

      --
      JR

      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2011
        Jean-Rene David wrote:

        > Attached is a small patch addressing todo item:
        >
        > In command line window ":close" doesn't work properly. (Tony Mechelynck, 2009
        > Jun 1)
        >
        > In addition to not closing the command-line window, the history was
        > modified when using ":close", when it fact it shouldn't. This behavior
        > also affected ":q" while in the command-line window.
        >
        > This patch fixes both issues on my system.

        Thanks!

        --
        Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?

      • Jean-Rene David
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2011
          Here is a small patch addressing todo item:

          7 Output for ":scriptnames" and ":breaklist" should shorten the file names:
          use "~/" when possible.

          This is from the 'small problems' list.

          I used home_replace() along with NameBuff to compact $HOME to "~/".

          HTH,

          --
          JR

          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2011
            Jean-Rene David wrote:

            > Here is a small patch addressing todo item:
            >
            > 7 Output for ":scriptnames" and ":breaklist" should shorten the file names:
            > use "~/" when possible.
            >
            > This is from the 'small problems' list.
            >
            > I used home_replace() along with NameBuff to compact $HOME to "~/".

            Thanks, I'll look into it later.

            39. You move into a new house and decide to Netscape before you landscape.