Re: vim v7.3.125 crashes when running a macro with a count in the thousands

  • Mun
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2011
      Hi,

      On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:12 PM PDT, Dominique Pellé wrote:
      DP> Mun wrote:
      DP>
      DP> > Hi,
      DP> >
      DP> > My OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.6
      DP> > My configure command:
      DP> >   configure --with-features=huge --enable-perlinterp --enable-pythoninterp --enable-gui
      DP> >
      DP> > I must apologize that I don't have too much to go on with this issue,
      DP> > but I'll provide what I have and I will try to get more data if requested.
      DP> >
      DP> > I had a simple macro that would take a line and reformat it by adding
      DP> > strings to the beginning and ending of the line.  Nothing tricky or
      DP> > complex.
      DP> >
      DP> > The file I was operating on had roughly 11,000 lines.  If I executed the
      DP> > macro with a count of about 2,000 vim crashes on me.
      DP> >
      DP> > When I use the following vim command:
      DP> > % vim --noplugin <filename>
      DP> >
      DP> > I get the following lines outut to the terminal when vim crashes:

      I used the valgrind method to acquire some additional information.
      After my first run crashed I noticed that every valgrind error seemed to
      reference Python (I hit the valgrind limit of 100 errors during the
      run).

      So I recompiled vim without the Python code. But again vim crashed
      during my experiment, but this time with only two valgrind errors (see
      attachment for the log file).

      My *guess* would be that the errors are related to XOpenDisplay and/or
      gtk in some way. But I'm at a loss here.

      Thanks in advance.

      Mun