Re: Patch 7.3.152

  • Dominique Pellé
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Patch 7.3.152
      > Problem:    Xxd does not check for errors from library functions.
      > Solution:   Add error checks. (Florian Zumbiehl)
      > Files:      src/xxd/xxd.c

      Hi

      Patch 7.3.152 introduces a compilation warning with gcc:

      xxd.c:691: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous ‘else’

      Attached trivial patch fixes it.

      Regards
      -- Dominique

    • Patrick Texier
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
        Le Fri, 1 Apr 2011 19:58:35 +0200, Dominique Pellé wrote:

        > Patch 7.3.152 introduces a compilation warning with gcc:

        Using bcc 5.5.1, I get:

        Warning W8065 xxd.c 842: Call to function 'die' with no prototype in
        function main.
        --
        Patrick Texier

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2011
          Patrick Texier wrote:

          > Le Fri, 1 Apr 2011 19:58:35 +0200, Dominique Pell=E9 wrote:
          >
          > > Patch 7.3.152 introduces a compilation warning with gcc:
          >
          > Using bcc 5.5.1, I get:
          >
          > Warning W8065 xxd.c 842: Call to function 'die' with no prototype in
          > function main.

          I'll fix that.

          --
          Westheimer's Discovery:
          A couple of months in the laboratory can

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2011
            Dominique Pelle wrote:

            > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            >
            > > Patch 7.3.152
            > > Problem:    Xxd does not check for errors from library functions.
            > > Solution:   Add error checks. (Florian Zumbiehl)
            > > Files:      src/xxd/xxd.c
            >
            > Hi
            >
            > Patch 7.3.152 introduces a compilation warning with gcc:
            >
            > xxd.c:691: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous ‘else’
            >
            > Attached trivial patch fixes it.

            Thanks!

            --
            BLACK KNIGHT: The Black Knight always triumphs. Have at you!
            ARTHUR takes his last leg off. The BLACK KNIGHT's body lands upright.