patch 7.3.143 compile failure

  • John Marriott
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31 11:45 AM

      Hi all,

      After applying this patch vim fails to compile under HP-UX, with this message:

      <snip>
      Starting make in the src directory.
      If there are problems, cd to the src directory and run make there
          cd src && make first
      creating auto/pathdef.c
          cc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H     -O2       -o objects/pathdef.o auto/pathdef.c
      Make: Don't know how to make MEMFILE_TEST_OBJ.  Stop.
      *** Error exit code 1

      Stop.
      </snip>

      The attached patch makes it all better.
      Cheers
      John

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2011
        John Marriott wrote:

        [HTML removed]

        > After applying this patch vim fails
        > to compile under HP-UX, with this message:
        [..]
        > Make: Don't know how to make
        > MEMFILE_TEST_OBJ. Stop.

        > The attached patch makes it all better.

        Ah yes, old make can't handle these backslashes. Thanks.

        --
        Hanson's Treatment of Time:
        There are never enough hours in a day, but always too