Re: Patch 7.3.110

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2011
      On Feb 1, 10:12 am, Bram Moolenaar <B...@...> wrote:
      > Patch 7.3.110
      > Problem:    The "nbsp" item in 'listchars' isn't used for ":list".
      > Solution:   Make it work. (Christian Brabandt)
      > Files:      src/message.c

      I think the :help 'list' and :help :list entries also need an update.
      The entry for 'list' is better but neither make it clear that the
      output is completely configurable by 'listchars' and that more than
      tabs are affected.

    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2011
        On 01/02/11 18:27, Ben Fritz wrote:

        > On Feb 1, 10:12 am, Bram Moolenaar<B...@...> wrote:
        >> Patch 7.3.110
        >> Problem: The "nbsp" item in 'listchars' isn't used for ":list".
        >> Solution: Make it work. (Christian Brabandt)
        >> Files: src/message.c
        >>

        > I think the :help 'list' and :help :list entries also need an update.
        > The entry for 'list' is better but neither make it clear that the
        > output is completely configurable by 'listchars' and that more than
        > tabs are affected.

        Both of them at least *mention* 'listchars', which, in addition, appears
        just below 'list' in the help, so it is not very hard to see how much
        'list' and :list can be customized.

        Xerox never comes up with anything original.