Re: 'list', :list, and 'listchars'

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
      On Tue, February 1, 2011 2:14 pm, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Christian Brabandt wrote:
      >> Here is a patch, that adds nbsp support to :list command. I leave out
      >> conceal, as I don't think this makes sense here:
      > That only works when 'enc' is a multi-byte encoding. It should also
      > work for latin1.

      Upps forgotten. I somehow thought, this is only relevant for multibyte
      encodings. Here is an updated patch.

      > Please insert spaces around "=".

      Done.

      > You don't actually need the "ll" variable.

      I don't? But I need the width of the lcs_nbsp char for the output buffer
      and the width of the non-breaking char in the line to advance the pointer
      in the line.

      regards,
      Christian

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
        Christian Brabandt wrote:

        > >> Here is a patch, that adds nbsp support to :list command. I leave out
        > >> conceal, as I don't think this makes sense here:
        > > That only works when 'enc' is a multi-byte encoding. It should also
        > > work for latin1.
        > >

        > Upps forgotten. I somehow thought, this is only relevant for multibyte
        > encodings. Here is an updated patch.

        Thanks.

        > > Please insert spaces around "=".
        >
        > Done.
        >
        > > You don't actually need the "ll" variable.
        >
        > I don't? But I need the width of the lcs_nbsp char for the output buffer
        > and the width of the non-breaking char in the line to advance the pointer
        > in the line.

        The value is used only once, thus you can put the mb_ptr2len() right
        there.

        --
        If Microsoft would build a car...
        ... You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
          Hi Bram!

          On Di, 01 Feb 2011, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > The value is used only once, thus you can put the mb_ptr2len() right
          > there.

          Ah yes of course.

          regards,
          Christian