Translated help file support in Windows installer

  • Guopeng Wen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2011
      I'm working on an upgrade to the Windows installer for Vim:
      https://github.com/gpwen/vim-installer-mui2/wiki

      I just realized Vim has build-in support for translated help files
      when I work with Antonio Colombo to test Italian language support of
      the installer. There's new thing to learn each day! Well, I think
      it might be a good idea to make it possible to distribute translated
      help files using the installer as well.

      Here's my initial thought:
      - I'll add an optional feature in the installer to make it possible
      to include translated help files (HAVE_TRANSLATED_DOC). The
      feature is disabled by default.
      - If enabled, available translation of help files will be detected
      automatically (from the building directory) during NSIS make.
      - The installer with such feature will let user choose extra help
      files to install. It's possible to choose multiple languages.
      English help file will be installed by default as part of program
      files (no choice available).

      Any suggestion or concerns?

      Regards!
      --