small feature set fails to build

  • Rainer Müller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2011
      Hello,

      the following was observed on Mac OS X 10.6, but I am still writing to
      vim-dev@ as it seems to be a general problem with this piece of code
      which will be triggered by the chosen features.

      I guess src/ui.c misses a #ifdef FEAT_MOUSE or something similar in the
      function clip_modeless:

      $ ./configure --with-features=small
      $ make
      [...]
      gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DMACOS_X_UNIX -no-cpp-precomp -g
      -O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1 -o objects/ui.o ui.c
      ui.c: In function ‘clip_modeless’:
      ui.c:610: error: ‘MOUSE_RIGHT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
      ui.c:610: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
      ui.c:610: error: for each function it appears in.)
      ui.c:615: error: ‘mouse_col’ undeclared (first use in this function)
      ui.c:615: error: ‘mouse_row’ undeclared (first use in this function)
      ui.c:628: error: ‘MOUSE_RELEASE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
      ui.c: In function ‘clip_process_selection’:
      ui.c:735: error: ‘MOUSE_RELEASE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
      ui.c:781: error: ‘MOUSE_RIGHT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
      make[1]: *** [objects/ui.o] Error 1
      [...]

      I can reproduce this both with the original 7.3 release and with all
      patches up to 7.3.102 applied. The MOUSE_* macros are defined in vim.h
      around line 1714, but they are only defined if FEAT_MOUSE is enabled.
      They should not be used in src/ui.c if FEAT_MOUSE is not defined.

      Note that feature sets tiny and normal compile fine. Please find
      config.log and config.h attached as it might be helpful.

      Rainer