Inconsistent use of headers in index.txt

  • Stefan Parviainen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2011
      In the Vim helpfile index.txt, the use of headers is inconsistent.
      Sections 1 - 3 have headers that look like this:

      tag char
      action

      while section 4 (Command-line editing) and 5 (EX commands) have no
      such headers.

      To make the usage consistent, and to explain what the columns under
      sections 4 and 5 mean, similar headers as used in sections 1-3 should
      be added to those sections.

      I noticed this because I'm writing a program that parses the help
      file, and ran into an issue because of the inconsistent use.

      --
      Stefan Parviainen

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2011
        Stefan Parviainen wrote:

        > In the Vim helpfile index.txt, the use of headers is inconsistent.
        > Sections 1 - 3 have headers that look like this:
        >
        > tag char
        > action
        >
        > while section 4 (Command-line editing) and 5 (EX commands) have no
        > such headers.
        >
        > To make the usage consistent, and to explain what the columns under
        > sections 4 and 5 mean, similar headers as used in sections 1-3 should
        > be added to those sections.
        >
        > I noticed this because I'm writing a program that parses the help
        > file, and ran into an issue because of the inconsistent use.

        I'll add the headers.

        75. You start wondering whether you could actually upgrade your brain
        with a Pentium Pro microprocessor 80. The upgrade works just fine.