Re: Fedora 13 Gvim popup pops down unless you hold right mouse down?

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2010
      Hong Xu wrote:

      > I think I have fixed this problem. The attachment is the patch. The
      > reason is that when gtk_menu_popup is called, its last parameter is
      > not passed in the correct time stamp but GDK_CURRENT_TIME. I fixed
      > this by adding a global varible, which is ugly, I think. Is there a
      > better way to pass the time stamp?

      Perhaps we should rename clipboard_event_time to gtk_event_time and move
      it to globals.h.

      --
      Female engineers become irresistible at the age of consent and remain that
      way until about thirty minutes after their clinical death. Longer if it's a

    • H Xu
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2010
        On 12/04/2010 11:09 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Hong Xu wrote:
        >
        >> I think I have fixed this problem. The attachment is the patch. The
        >> reason is that when gtk_menu_popup is called, its last parameter is
        >> not passed in the correct time stamp but GDK_CURRENT_TIME. I fixed
        >> this by adding a global varible, which is ugly, I think. Is there a
        >> better way to pass the time stamp?
        >
        > Perhaps we should rename clipboard_event_time to gtk_event_time and move
        > it to globals.h.

        Hi Bram,

        Would it be better if we use a global pointer, whose type is
        "GdkEvent*", to store the event pointer? Then we can get more
        information about the event through this pointer, including the
        event_time -- In the future, we might also need to access other
        varibles in the GdkEvent.

        Regards,
        Hong Xu
        12/05/2010

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2010
          Hong Xu wrote:

          > >> I think I have fixed this problem. The attachment is the patch. The
          > >> reason is that when gtk_menu_popup is called, its last parameter is
          > >> not passed in the correct time stamp but GDK_CURRENT_TIME. I fixed
          > >> this by adding a global varible, which is ugly, I think. Is there a
          > >> better way to pass the time stamp?
          > >
          > > Perhaps we should rename clipboard_event_time to gtk_event_time and move
          > > it to globals.h.
          > >

          > Hi Bram,
          >
          > Would it be better if we use a global pointer, whose type is
          > "GdkEvent*", to store the event pointer? Then we can get more
          > information about the event through this pointer, including the
          > event_time -- In the future, we might also need to access other
          > varibles in the GdkEvent.

          That involves managing allocated memory. What other fields would we
          use? And can't we use a simple value for them instead of having to make
          a copy?

          --
          Engineers understand that their appearance only bothers other people and
          therefore it is not worth optimizing.

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2010
            Hello Bram,

            Now we don't need to access any other field, we can change this when we need to access them. The attachment is the patch to rename the variable and fix the problem.

            Regards,
            Hong Xu
            2010/12/5

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2011
              On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

              > Hong Xu wrote:
              >
              >> I think I have fixed this problem. The attachment is the patch. The
              >> reason is that when gtk_menu_popup is called, its last parameter is
              >> not passed in the correct time stamp but GDK_CURRENT_TIME. I fixed
              >> this by adding a global varible, which is ugly, I think. Is there a
              >> better way to pass the time stamp?
              >
              > Perhaps we should rename clipboard_event_time to gtk_event_time and move
              > it to globals.h.

              Hello Bram,

              I add a "event_time" field to the gui structure instead of a
              gtk_event_time global
              varible. I think this would be better.

              Hong Xu
              2011/2/3

            • H Xu
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2011
                On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

                > Hong Xu wrote:
                >
                >> I think I have fixed this problem. The attachment is the patch. The
                >> reason is that when gtk_menu_popup is called, its last parameter is
                >> not passed in the correct time stamp but GDK_CURRENT_TIME. I fixed
                >> this by adding a global varible, which is ugly, I think. Is there a
                >> better way to pass the time stamp?
                >
                > Perhaps we should rename clipboard_event_time to gtk_event_time and move
                > it to globals.h.

                Hello Bram,

                I add a "event_time" field to the gui structure instead of a
                gtk_event_time global variable. I think this would be better.

                Hong Xu
                2011/2/3

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 3, 2011
                  Hong Xu wrote:

                  > >> I think I have fixed this problem. The attachment is the patch. The
                  > >> reason is that when gtk_menu_popup is called, its last parameter is
                  > >> not passed in the correct time stamp but GDK_CURRENT_TIME. I fixed
                  > >> this by adding a global varible, which is ugly, I think. Is there a
                  > >> better way to pass the time stamp?
                  > >
                  > > Perhaps we should rename clipboard_event_time to gtk_event_time and move
                  > > it to globals.h.
                  >

                  > Hello Bram,
                  >
                  > I add a "event_time" field to the gui structure instead of a
                  > gtk_event_time global
                  > varible. I think this would be better.

                  Agreed.

                  186. You overstay in the office so you can have more time surfing the net.