Issue with mksession and drag and drop

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2010
      Hello,

      I see something which seems to be a bug but I would like to discuss it
      here. Indeed, I do not find bugtracker and I'm not sure my issue is
      really a bug.

      There comes a time when I choose to open a file by using drag & drop
      of
      a file into Vim windows. When I do that, the file replaces the current
      one and a new entry is present on :ls result. When I need to forget
      this
      file, I do :bw on it to erase completely the buffer. Next, if I create
      vim session, using :mksession and if I load it to a new vim instance
      with :source command, the buffer I previously erased is still loaded
      in
      buffer list.

      I checked the file produced by :mksession and the file opened by drag
      &
      drop is present near the arg command. So, it is in the arglist and
      that
      is the reason why I see it in my session script. Is it the normal
      behaviour? When this script is loaded, a buffer is generated for this
      file and I can see it in :ls list.

      I see the same problem at home on Debian and at work on Windows XP (I
      use gVim both places).

      Please, forgive potential english mistakes, this is not my native
      tongue.

      Philippe

    • Phil
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2010
        Do you think it is normal behaviour?

        Regards,
        Phil.

        On Dec 2, 9:55 pm, Phil <pbasin...@...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I see something which seems to be a bug but I would like to discuss it
        > here. Indeed, I do not find bugtracker and I'm not sure my issue is
        > really a bug.
        >
        > There comes a time when I choose to open a file by using drag & drop
        > of
        > a file into Vim windows. When I do that, the file replaces the current
        > one and a new entry is present on :ls result. When I need to forget
        > this
        > file, I do :bw on it to erase completely the buffer. Next, if I create
        > vim session, using :mksession and if I load it to a new vim instance
        > with :source command, the buffer I previously erased is still loaded
        > in
        > buffer list.
        >
        > I checked the file produced by :mksession and the file opened by drag
        > &
        > drop is present near the arg command. So, it is in the arglist and
        > that
        > is the reason why I see it in my session script. Is it the normal
        > behaviour? When this script is loaded, a buffer is generated for this
        > file and I can see it in :ls list.
        >
        > I see the same problem at home on Debian and at work on Windows XP (I
        > use gVim both places).
        >
        > Please, forgive potential english mistakes, this is not my native
        > tongue.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > --
        > Philippe

      • Phil
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2010
          Hello,

          In vim source code, we can find the adding of arglist to the vim
          script made by :mksession. So, the problem is not that we add my file
          in the script.

          I see several hypothesis:

          1- My file (opened by drag and drop) is not removed from arglist when
          I do :bwipeout. I think this is a problem. Do you agree? Is it
          possible to remove a element from arglist?
          2- This file should be in the buffer list (so there would be no issue
          since :bw works with a buffer from buffer list). Shouldn't? I'm not
          sure.

          Regards,