Re: Regex \%V question

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
      James Vega wrote:

      > On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 1:09 PM, James Vega <jamessan@...> wrote:
      > > On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      > >> Here is another patch, including a basic test, that should address all
      > >> the issues. I couldn't reproduce the highlighting problem, though. This
      > >> seems to work ok for me now for the test cases I could imagine.
      > >
      > > This does seem to work better. I'm still seeing the highlighting
      > > corruption with "set hls is".  I seem to have found another problem the
      > > patch introduces, though, as well as one that exists without the patch.
      >
      > The patch also seems to break test24 and test71.
      >
      > ../vim -u unix.vim -U NONE --noplugin -s dotest.in test24.in
      > 21,22c21,22
      > < x aaaaa xx a
      > < x aaaaa xx a
      > ---
      > > xx aaaaa xx a
      > > xx aaaaa xx a
      >
      > ../vim -u unix.vim -U NONE --noplugin -s dotest.in test71.in
      > 4,6c4,6
      > < OK 1234567890123456789012345678901234567
      > < OK ine 2 foo bar blah
      > < OK ine 3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      > ---
      > > OK 01234567890123456789012345678901234567
      > > OK line 2 foo bar blah
      > > OK line 3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Christian, did you do any more work on this patch?

      --
      Sometimes you can protect millions of dollars in your budget simply by buying
      a bag of cookies, dropping it on the budget anylyst's desk, and saying

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
        On Thu, December 2, 2010 5:13 pm, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > Christian, did you do any more work on this patch?

        (There is another problem. Take a word, say "test", visually select
        it and then search for \%Vtest\%V. It won't match, because \%V
        needs to match at the same cell as the t. And this doesn't work.

        Effectively, \%V needs to match after the last column of the visually
        selected region. But then, 'hls' will be off by one cell, which isn't
        right either.)

        So, no I didn't work on this anymore because I am too scared of the RE
        code ;(

        regards,
        Christian

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 30, 2010
          Christian Brabandt wrote:

          > On Thu, December 2, 2010 5:13 pm, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > > Christian, did you do any more work on this patch?
          >
          > (There is another problem. Take a word, say "test", visually select
          > it and then search for \%Vtest\%V. It won't match, because \%V
          > needs to match at the same cell as the t. And this doesn't work.
          >
          > Effectively, \%V needs to match after the last column of the visually
          > selected region. But then, 'hls' will be off by one cell, which isn't
          > right either.)
          >
          > So, no I didn't work on this anymore because I am too scared of the RE
          > code ;(

          Any progress? Anyone wants to dive into this?
          Or should we abandon this patch?

          --
          Over the years, I've developed my sense of deja vu so acutely that now
          I can remember things that *have* happened before ...

        • Christian Brabandt
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 30, 2010
            Hi Bram!

            On Do, 30 Dez 2010, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

            > Any progress? Anyone wants to dive into this?
            > Or should we abandon this patch?

            The reason for posting other patches has been, that I haven't found a
            good way to fix this issue and haven't look into this since then. I'll
            look into this again in the current spare time. But I am not too
            optimistic.

            regards,
            Christian