Re: vim diff mode bug?

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2010
      SungHyun Nam wrote:

      > I Uses vim-7.3.69.
      >
      > If I undo 'do' or 'dp', I cannot do 'do' or 'dp' for that hunk
      > again. I have to exit gvimdiff and re-run it.

      Have you tried using :diffupdate?

      > If I typed 'do', and then if I realize I should do 'dp', what is the
      > best way?

      Undo sometimes confuses the diff state. Updating the diff completely is
      quite slow, that's why Vim doesn't do that (on one of my systems it
      takes two seconds).

      Ideally we integrate the diff functionality inside Vim. But the
      algorithm is complex. Perhaps someone wants a challenge?

      --
      You can test a person's importance in the organization by asking how much RAM
      his computer has. Anybody who knows the answer to that question is not a