vim diff mode bug?

  • SungHyun Nam
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2010
      Hello,

      I Uses vim-7.3.69.

      If I undo 'do' or 'dp', I cannot do 'do' or 'dp' for that hunk
      again. I have to exit gvimdiff and re-run it.

      If I typed 'do', and then if I realize I should do 'dp', what is the
      best way?

      Regards,
      namsh

    • starwing
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2010
        2010/12/2 SungHyun Nam <goweol@...>
        Hello,

        I Uses vim-7.3.69.

        If I undo 'do' or 'dp', I cannot do 'do' or 'dp' for that hunk
        again.  I have to exit gvimdiff and re-run it.

        just :diffu<CR>, see :h :diffupdate for details.

        If I typed 'do', and then if I realize I should do 'dp', what is the
        best way?

        press u:diffu<CR>, or define a map for that.

        Regards,
        namsh

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2010
          SungHyun Nam wrote:

          > I Uses vim-7.3.69.
          >
          > If I undo 'do' or 'dp', I cannot do 'do' or 'dp' for that hunk
          > again. I have to exit gvimdiff and re-run it.

          Have you tried using :diffupdate?

          > If I typed 'do', and then if I realize I should do 'dp', what is the
          > best way?

          Undo sometimes confuses the diff state. Updating the diff completely is
          quite slow, that's why Vim doesn't do that (on one of my systems it
          takes two seconds).

          Ideally we integrate the diff functionality inside Vim. But the
          algorithm is complex. Perhaps someone wants a challenge?

          --
          You can test a person's importance in the organization by asking how much RAM
          his computer has. Anybody who knows the answer to that question is not a