default _vimrc on Windows has broken diffexpr

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2010
      I'm referring to the default _vimrc in the "Vim without Cream"
      installation, which supposedly uses the official runtime (but I'm not
      sure where this file is from).

      For some reason all " characters are being escaped with a \ and
      cmd.exe cannot understand this.

      Simply doing :s#\\"#"#g on the MyDiff function allows diff to work.

      Also setting diffexpr= (empty) allows diff to work.

      This needs to be fixed! It has been brought up multiple times before:

      http://vim.1045645.n5.nabble.com/Problem-with-quot-without-Cream-quot-vim-7-2-303-vimrc-td1198307.html
      (I couldn't locate the google groups thread)
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Running_diff