[Patch] Show icon in Windows shell extension menu

  • Dominik Riebeling
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2010
      Hi,

      I've extended the shell extension (GVimExt) to show an icon since I
      find it much easier to spot the correct entry in the context menu if
      there are lots.

      - Currently the Vim icon (src/vim.ico) is used. However, I didn't
      manage to make the dll work with the ico file directly, so I've
      extracted the 16x16 icon to a bmp file (which the patch expects to be
      in the src/GVimExt folder). If anyone knows why using an ico file
      doesn't work please let me know -- I've already checked other shell
      extensions like WinMerge, but all I've looked at are using bmp files.
      - Right now the icon is only added to the "Edit with Vim" (and "Edit
      with single Vim" / "Edit with multiple Vim") entry. Should there be an
      icon to the other entries as well ("Diff with Vim" / "Open with
      existing Vim") and should it use the same icon?

      What do you think?

      - Dominik