Re: Vim 7.3.046 binaries available

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2010
      On 27/10/10 18:29, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Hello Vim users,
      >
      > I decided to make an update of the MS-Windows binaries, with all the 46
      > patches applied.
      >
      > A list with a short explanation of the patches is on the ftp server:
      > ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.3/README
      [...]

      Note the ftp: URL scheme.

      http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.3/ used to give the same directory
      listing as with ftp:, with the text of the README at top, but now I see
      an obsolete header text and no download links.

      This is less serious now that the "master" sources (including runtime
      files!) are on a Mercurial server.

      Frobnitz, pl. Frobnitzem (frob'nitsm) n.:
      An unspecified physical object, a widget. Also refers to
      electronic black boxes. This rare form is usually abbreviated to
      FROTZ, or more commonly to FROB. Also used are FROBNULE, FROBULE, and
      FROBNODULE. Starting perhaps in 1979, FROBBOZ (fruh-bahz'), pl.
      FROBBOTZIM, has also become very popular, largely due to its exposure
      via the Adventure spin-off called Zork (Dungeon). These can also be
      applied to non-physical objects, such as data structures.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2010
        Tony Mechelynck wrote:

        > On 27/10/10 18:29, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello Vim users,
        > >
        > > I decided to make an update of the MS-Windows binaries, with all the 46
        > > patches applied.
        > >
        > > A list with a short explanation of the patches is on the ftp server:
        > > ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.3/README
        > [...]
        >
        > Note the ftp: URL scheme.
        >
        > http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.3/ used to give the same directory
        > listing as with ftp:, with the text of the README at top, but now I see
        > an obsolete header text and no download links.
        >
        > This is less serious now that the "master" sources (including runtime
        > files!) are on a Mercurial server.

        Thanks for reporting this problem. The page appears to be truncated.
        I'll concact the maintainers.

        --
        TALL KNIGHT: When you have found the shrubbery, then you must cut down the
        mightiest tree in the forest ... with a herring.