Re: Suggestion to clean up the sourceforge project page

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
      Philippe Vaucher wrote:

      > The sourceforge project page seems out of date, it'd be closed or at
      > least redirected to the current up-to-date page imho.

      What page are you talking about?
      We only use sourceforge for the web hosting.

      --
      Q: What do you call a fish without an eye?
      A: fsh!

    • Benjamin R. Haskell
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
        On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Philippe Vaucher wrote:
        >
        >> The sourceforge project page seems out of date, it'd be closed or at
        >> least redirected to the current up-to-date page imho.
        >
        > What page are you talking about?
        > We only use sourceforge for the web hosting.

        The main ways of getting to the Vim page avoid it:

        http://vim.sf.net/
        http://vim.org/

        But you can still access the project page directly at:

        https://sourceforge.net/projects/vim/

        The advice re: "how to get help" is from:

        https://sourceforge.net/projects/vim/support

        Probably a default project setting.

        --
        Best,
        Ben

      • Philippe Vaucher
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2010
          > But you can still access the project page directly at:
          >
          > https://sourceforge.net/projects/vim/
          >
          > The advice re: "how to get help" is from:
          >
          > https://sourceforge.net/projects/vim/support
          >
          > Probably a default project setting.

          Yes I'm talking about these pages.
          I'm also concerned that the CVS/SVN seems to be out of date, but maybe
          I'm wrong.

          Philippe

        • Benjamin R. Haskell
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2010
            On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Philippe Vaucher wrote:

            >> But you can still access the project page directly at:
            >>
            >> https://sourceforge.net/projects/vim/
            >>
            >> The advice re: "how to get help" is from:
            >>
            >> https://sourceforge.net/projects/vim/support
            >>
            >> Probably a default project setting.
            >

            > Yes I'm talking about these pages.
            > I'm also concerned that the CVS/SVN seems to be out of date, but maybe
            > I'm wrong.

            See: http://www.vim.org/sources.php

            CVS / SVN only contain pre-7.3

            Current development uses Mercurial via Google Code:
            http://code.google.com/p/vim/source/list

            --
            Best,
            Ben