Suggestion to clean up the sourceforge project page

  • Philippe Vaucher
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
      Hello,

      The sourceforge project page seems out of date, it'd be closed or at
      least redirected to the current up-to-date page imho.

      I'm thinking about stuffs like the support page which says the best
      way to get help is to contact one of the administrators (http://
      sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=8), which I did just
      to be told that I'd actually ask my questions here :)

      Thanks,
      Philippe

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
        Philippe Vaucher wrote:

        > The sourceforge project page seems out of date, it'd be closed or at
        > least redirected to the current up-to-date page imho.

        What page are you talking about?
        We only use sourceforge for the web hosting.

        --
        Q: What do you call a fish without an eye?
        A: fsh!

      • Benjamin R. Haskell
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
          On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Philippe Vaucher wrote:
          >
          >> The sourceforge project page seems out of date, it'd be closed or at
          >> least redirected to the current up-to-date page imho.
          >
          > What page are you talking about?
          > We only use sourceforge for the web hosting.

          The main ways of getting to the Vim page avoid it:

          http://vim.sf.net/
          http://vim.org/

          But you can still access the project page directly at:

          https://sourceforge.net/projects/vim/

          The advice re: "how to get help" is from:

          https://sourceforge.net/projects/vim/support

          Probably a default project setting.

          --
          Best,
          Ben

        • Philippe Vaucher
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2010
            > But you can still access the project page directly at:
            >
            > https://sourceforge.net/projects/vim/
            >
            > The advice re: "how to get help" is from:
            >
            > https://sourceforge.net/projects/vim/support
            >
            > Probably a default project setting.

            Yes I'm talking about these pages.
            I'm also concerned that the CVS/SVN seems to be out of date, but maybe
            I'm wrong.

            Philippe

          • Benjamin R. Haskell
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2010
              On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Philippe Vaucher wrote:

              >> But you can still access the project page directly at:
              >>
              >> https://sourceforge.net/projects/vim/
              >>
              >> The advice re: "how to get help" is from:
              >>
              >> https://sourceforge.net/projects/vim/support
              >>
              >> Probably a default project setting.
              >

              > Yes I'm talking about these pages.
              > I'm also concerned that the CVS/SVN seems to be out of date, but maybe
              > I'm wrong.

              See: http://www.vim.org/sources.php

              CVS / SVN only contain pre-7.3

              Current development uses Mercurial via Google Code:
              http://code.google.com/p/vim/source/list

              --
              Best,
              Ben