Vim 7.3.046 binaries available

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2010
      Hello Vim users,

      I decided to make an update of the MS-Windows binaries, with all the 46
      patches applied.

      A list with a short explanation of the patches is on the ftp server:
      ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.3/README

      These are the available files under ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/pc :

      pc/gvim73_46.exe installer for GUI and console executables,
      includes all runtime files, many features

      pc/vim73_46rt.zip runtime files
      pc/gvim73_46.zip GUI binary for Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP
      pc/gvim73_46ole.zip GUI binary with OLE support
      pc/gvim73_46_s.zip GUI binary for Windows 3.1 (untested)
      pc/vim73_46d32.zip console version for MS-DOS/Windows 95/98
      pc/vim73_46w32.zip console version for Windows NT/2000/XP
      pc/vim73_46src.zip sources for PC (with CR-LF)

      If you don't know what file to download, go here:
      http://www.vim.org/download.php#pc

      Happy Vimming!

      --
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 root 24 Oct 29 1929 /bin/ed
      -rwxr-xr-t 4 root 131720 Jan 1 1970 /usr/ucb/vi

      You received this message from the "vim_announce" maillist.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2010
          On 27/10/10 18:29, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Hello Vim users,
          >
          > I decided to make an update of the MS-Windows binaries, with all the 46
          > patches applied.
          >
          > A list with a short explanation of the patches is on the ftp server:
          > ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.3/README
          [...]

          Note the ftp: URL scheme.

          http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.3/ used to give the same directory
          listing as with ftp:, with the text of the README at top, but now I see
          an obsolete header text and no download links.

          This is less serious now that the "master" sources (including runtime
          files!) are on a Mercurial server.

          Frobnitz, pl. Frobnitzem (frob'nitsm) n.:
          An unspecified physical object, a widget. Also refers to
          electronic black boxes. This rare form is usually abbreviated to
          FROTZ, or more commonly to FROB. Also used are FROBNULE, FROBULE, and
          FROBNODULE. Starting perhaps in 1979, FROBBOZ (fruh-bahz'), pl.
          FROBBOTZIM, has also become very popular, largely due to its exposure
          via the Adventure spin-off called Zork (Dungeon). These can also be
          applied to non-physical objects, such as data structures.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2010
            Tony Mechelynck wrote:

            > On 27/10/10 18:29, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello Vim users,
            > >
            > > I decided to make an update of the MS-Windows binaries, with all the 46
            > > patches applied.
            > >
            > > A list with a short explanation of the patches is on the ftp server:
            > > ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.3/README
            > [...]
            >
            > Note the ftp: URL scheme.
            >
            > http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.3/ used to give the same directory
            > listing as with ftp:, with the text of the README at top, but now I see
            > an obsolete header text and no download links.
            >
            > This is less serious now that the "master" sources (including runtime
            > files!) are on a Mercurial server.

            Thanks for reporting this problem. The page appears to be truncated.
            I'll concact the maintainers.

            --
            TALL KNIGHT: When you have found the shrubbery, then you must cut down the
            mightiest tree in the forest ... with a herring.