[patch] Respect 'autochdir' when editing with --remote

  • Benjamin Fritz
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2010
      Attached patch fixes the bug mentioned here:

      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/dc24d36b9eee0b35/4e93a957979436ef

      It turned out to have very little to do with the :drop command, but
      rather the fact that --remote and friends would temporarily change
      directories and then restore the previous directory (which is
      incorrect in the case of 'acd' being set) after the :drop command.

    • Peter Odding
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2010
        Hi Benjamin,

        I've tried your patch and it fixes the problem for me. Thanks a lot!
        Without the patch I used to encounter this bug every hour or so...

        - Peter Odding

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 2010
          Benjamin Fritz wrote:

          > Attached patch fixes the bug mentioned here:
          >
          > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/dc24d36b9eee0b35/4e93a957979436ef
          >
          > It turned out to have very little to do with the :drop command, but
          > rather the fact that --remote and friends would temporarily change
          > directories and then restore the previous directory (which is
          > incorrect in the case of 'acd' being set) after the :drop command.

          Thanks, I'll add this to the todo list.

          --
          The greatest lies of all time:
          (1) The check is in the mail.