Re: Add tabpage index in tabline

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2010
      On Sep 6, 8:39 am, Nicholas <cwh...@...> wrote:
      > Thank you for your advice. I tried the scripts in comments and found
      > it not work as expected.
      > Using the scripts in comments, when tab pages go too many, the first
      > tab pages would not be in sight. When navigating from one tab page to
      > another, the tabline is fixed. Besides, the coloring of tabline is
      > very confusing(this can be changed, of course). It seems more work has
      > to be done to make that scripts work properly.

      Please feel free! The guitabline version does work, I use it myself,
      but am considering switching to a textual tabline for some additional
      features...sometime.

      Regardless, I think the main point of John's message is: there is no
      need to patch the source code, there's already an option that lets you
      do exactly what you want without recompiling Vim.