bug with 'tabnew' in vimrc

  • Tobi
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2010
      Hi list,

      I found a feature when there is a 'tabnew' line in vimrc. This is how to
      reproduce it:

      echo "tabnew" > test; vim -u test test

      When I switch to the first tab, the buffer is empty (expected: contend
      of my test-file). It becomes filled when i start to edit it - for
      example with 'o'. Tested with Vim 7.2 on ArchLinux and 7.2 and 7.3 on
      Ubuntu.

      regards

      Tobias Klein