Re: Quickfix window possibility

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2010
      On Sep 3, 4:01 am, Ritesh Banerjee <ritesh...@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >   when using quickfix lists with grep in vim, the quicfix window shows error
      > lines like "|| ..." below for either binary files, or files without read
      > permissions for user etc). It would be useful to have a toggle which can hide
      > all "non-jump" lines in the quickfix window ?

      After I use :make, I use this tip:

      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Folding_with_Regular_Expression

      to fold away everthing I don't want to see. You probably could do the
      same with :grep.

    • Gary Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2010
        On 2010-09-03, Ritesh Banerjee wrote:
        > Hi,
        > when using quickfix lists with grep in vim, the quicfix window shows error
        > lines like "|| ..." below for either binary files, or files without read
        > permissions for user etc). It would be useful to have a toggle which can hide
        > all "non-jump" lines in the quickfix window ?

        Unless you want to see those "non-jump" messages, you could just
        execute :grep with the -sI options. You could even change 'grepprg'
        like this:

        :set grepprg=grep\ -nsI\ $*\ /dev/null

        Regards,
        Gary