Quickfix window possibility

  • Ritesh Banerjee
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2010
      Hi,
        when using quickfix lists with grep in vim, the quicfix window shows error lines like "|| ..." below for either binary files, or files without read permissions for user etc). It would be useful to have a toggle which can hide all "non-jump" lines in the quickfix window ?

      Regards,
      Ritesh

      ---------------quickfix window contents
      || Binary file ./ipv4/ip_output.o matches
      || Binary file ./netfilter/nf_conntrack_core.o matches
      || Binary file ./netfilter/netfilter.o matches
      ./netfilter/nf_conntrack_core.c|327| if ( hook_session_del_fn != NULL )
      ./netfilter/nf_conntrack_core.c|329| hook_session_del_fn(ct, 0);
      ./netfilter/nf_conntrack_core.c|351| if ( hook  != NULL )
      ./netfilter/nf_conntrack_core.c|353| hook_session_del_fn(ct,
       || Binary file ./netfilter/built-in.o matches
      ./netfilter/core.c|186| if ( hook_session_del_fn != NULL )
      ./netfilter/core.c|201| hook_session_del_fn(
      || Binary file ./netfilter/nf_conntrack.o matches
      || Binary file ./netfilter/core.o matches
      || Binary file ./built-in.o matches

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2010
        On Sep 3, 4:01 am, Ritesh Banerjee <ritesh...@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >   when using quickfix lists with grep in vim, the quicfix window shows error
        > lines like "|| ..." below for either binary files, or files without read
        > permissions for user etc). It would be useful to have a toggle which can hide
        > all "non-jump" lines in the quickfix window ?

        After I use :make, I use this tip:

        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Folding_with_Regular_Expression

        to fold away everthing I don't want to see. You probably could do the
        same with :grep.

      • Gary Johnson
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2010
          On 2010-09-03, Ritesh Banerjee wrote:
          > Hi,
          > when using quickfix lists with grep in vim, the quicfix window shows error
          > lines like "|| ..." below for either binary files, or files without read
          > permissions for user etc). It would be useful to have a toggle which can hide
          > all "non-jump" lines in the quickfix window ?

          Unless you want to see those "non-jump" messages, you could just
          execute :grep with the -sI options. You could even change 'grepprg'
          like this:

          :set grepprg=grep\ -nsI\ $*\ /dev/null

          Regards,
          Gary