Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

[patch] doc & test49 updates for obsolete error codes E106 E260 E489 E565

Expand Messages
  • Dominique PellĂ©
    Hi I see that Vim-7.3.3 help files refer to the following error numbers which no longer exist in source code: E106 E260 E489 E565 Looking at non-maintained po
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi

      I see that Vim-7.3.3 help files refer to the following error
      numbers which no longer exist in source code:

      E106 E260 E489 E565

      Looking at non-maintained po files, these errors were:

      msgid "E106: Unknown variable: \"%s\""
      msgid "E260: cscope connection not found"
      msgid "E565: error reading cscope connection %d"
      (and can't find E489 anywhere)

      E106 was removed in Vim-7.0.48 (changelist: 159:389c8abd5925)

      I think E106 should be replaced by E121 in the doc.

      What surprises me, is that src/testdir/test49.vim still
      contained E106 and yet all tests passed. The test checks
      that E106 does not happen and E488 does happen when running
      ":let novar #". I changed E106 into E121 in test49.vim but it does
      not seem very useful anyway to me to check that E121 does not happen.

      E260, E489 and E565 were already removed in Vim-7.0.0 (oldest
      version in Mercurial, so I did not try to check in which
      version those error messages were removed from Vim.

      It seems that E260 has been replaced by E261:
      "E261: cscope connection %s not found"

      Attached patch removes E106 E260 E489 E565 from documentation.
      and updates test case 49.

      Regards
      -- Dominique

      --
      You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.