[bug] cursorcolumn not highlighted beyond end of line with 'set rightleft'

  • Dominique PellĂ©
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2010
      Hi

      I notice that the cursorcolumn is not highlighted beyond the end
      of the lines when using 'set rightleft'. Also, cursorcolumn is
      highlighted in the wrong column in folds:

      Steps to reproduce:

      $ cd vim/src
      $ vim -u NONE -c 'set cuc rl fdm=marker' \
      -c 'hi CursorColumn ctermbg=red' -c 'norm 3l' fold.c

      The same kind of bug happens also with 'colorcolumn':

      $ vim -u NONE -c 'set cc=10 rl fdm=marker' fold.c

      See screenshots at:

      http://dominique.pelle.free.fr/pic/vim-cuc-rightleft.png
      http://dominique.pelle.free.fr/pic/vim-cc=10-rightleft.png

      -- Dominique

    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2010
        On 21/08/10 07:10, Dominique Pellé wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > I notice that the cursorcolumn is not highlighted beyond the end
        > of the lines when using 'set rightleft'. Also, cursorcolumn is
        > highlighted in the wrong column in folds:
        >
        > Steps to reproduce:
        >
        > $ cd vim/src
        > $ vim -u NONE -c 'set cuc rl fdm=marker' \
        > -c 'hi CursorColumn ctermbg=red' -c 'norm 3l' fold.c
        >
        > The same kind of bug happens also with 'colorcolumn':
        >
        > $ vim -u NONE -c 'set cc=10 rl fdm=marker' fold.c
        >
        > See screenshots at:
        >
        > http://dominique.pelle.free.fr/pic/vim-cuc-rightleft.png
        > http://dominique.pelle.free.fr/pic/vim-cc=10-rightleft.png
        >
        > -- Dominique

        I can reproduce this "lack of highlight beyond EOL", and I see some
        other weird effects:

        - When 'rightleft' is set, the blinking cursor is not where it should
        be. If I click the mouse, the crosshair highlights (CursorLine and
        CursorColumn) intersect where I clicked, and that's the character I get
        with ga, but the blinking cursor is at the horizontally symmetrical
        position. However I see this when setting 'rl' in help.txt but not in
        Session.vim. Not sure what triggers it: Tried to reproduce it by setting
        'ma' and 'buftype=help' but couldn't. (I know it makes no sense to
        display the English help in RTL mode but that's the file which was open
        when I tested.)

        - When I hit <Left> or <Right> in 'rightleft' mode, the crosshairs go
        right (to the previous character) in both cases. OTOH, h moves them left
        (to the next character) while l moves them right (to the previous
        character).

        Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your kids.