Re: Question about :find completion support in Vim 7.3b

    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 2, 2010
      Nazri Ramliy wrote:

      > On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 4:39 AM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
      > > I have included the recent patches, but not the one that resets
      > > "recursive" in gen_expand_wildcards(). That is probably causing that
      > > crash.
      >
      > I noticed that mch_expandpath() is defined on both unix and windows as
      > unix_expandpath() and dos_expandpath(), respectively. I'll see if it
      > can be used in place of globpath() (which calls gen_expand_wildcards())
      > in the function expand_in_path().
      >
      > If that is successful I'll send a new patch for that and also revert
      > thechanges I did in globpath() (skipping url path).
      >
      > In the mean time here is the patch to prevent ":find <tab>" from crashing on
      > windows when 'path" is set to something like "c:\src\**".

      I'm not including this patch. Resetting "recursive" while it was set
      elsewhere is wrong. The next call would do the recursive call and cause
      problems.

      --
      Engineers are always delighted to share wisdom, even in areas in which they
      have no experience whatsoever. Their logic provides them with inherent

      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 8, 2010
        James Vega wrote:

        > On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 09:56:29PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > Nazri Ramliy wrote:
        > > > test73.in should now run successfully on both unix and windows.
        > >
        > > Thank you very much for fixing the problems and enhancing the test.
        > >
        > > I'll include this and check that it works for me.
        > > The Xfind directory wasn't removed, you had the last :cd commented-out.
        > >
        > > Hmm, the test passes, but it rings the bell a lot.
        > > I can fix one (the empty line). The others appear to be for when
        > > completion of :find fails. I'm not sure how to avoid that.
        > > I'll add ":set visualbell".
        >
        > Attached patch also adjusts 'viminfo' appropriately so that the user's
        > viminfo isn't overwritten.

        Thanks!

        8. Don't use any punctuation marks.