Re: Oops (Was: Re: cygwin gcc buidling gvimext.dll fails)

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2010
      Christian J. Robinson wrote:

      > On Sun, 1 Aug 2010, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
      >
      > > On 8/01/10 7:46 PM, Christian J. Robinson wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Oops, the subject should have been uninstal.c, not gvimext.dll
      > >>
      > > The problem is that WINVER is defined as 0x0400 in Make_ming.mak and
      > > RegKeyDeleteEx is only available with WINVER 0x0502 and above.
      >
      > I'm using Make_cyg.mak, but the same holds true there. I changed it
      > to 0x0502 and the error disappeared.

      So we now have a situation where we can either build a version for Win
      2000 that won't work on 64-bit windows, or a version that supports
      64-bit but won't run on Windows 2000?

      How about this:

      # Set the default $(WINVER) use 0x0400 to make the exe work with pre-Win2k
      WINVER = 0x0502

      --
      Article in the first Free Software Magazine: "Bram Moolenaar studied electrical
      engineering at the Technical University of Delft and graduated in 1985 on a