Re: Wrong window selected at the end of session startup (SOLVED)

  • Lech Lorens
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
      On 31-Jul-2010 Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      > On 19/07/10 00:25, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      [...]
      > >(after creating a "first tab" with many windows in it, then several
      > >additional tabs with one window each), however when clearing the intro
      > >screen after startup (e.g. by hitting the spacebar) I am in the top
      > >window, not in the 2nd from bottom. The same happened with the two
      > >:wincmd lines above replaced by the single
      [...]
      > I don't know exactly when, but the problem has disappeared.
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Tony.

      It was with the latest plugin/netrwPlugin.vim update.

      --
      Cheers,
      Lech

    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
        On 01/08/10 22:51, Lech Lorens wrote:
        > On 31-Jul-2010 Tony Mechelynck wrote:
        >> On 19/07/10 00:25, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
        > [...]
        >>> (after creating a "first tab" with many windows in it, then several
        >>> additional tabs with one window each), however when clearing the intro
        >>> screen after startup (e.g. by hitting the spacebar) I am in the top
        >>> window, not in the 2nd from bottom. The same happened with the two
        >>> :wincmd lines above replaced by the single
        > [...]
        >>
        >> I don't know exactly when, but the problem has disappeared.
        >>
        >> Best regards,
        >> Tony.
        >
        > It was with the latest plugin/netrwPlugin.vim update.

        hm...
        hg log -f runtime/plugin/netrwPlugin.vim --style changelog
        hg diff -r 6de9efd58dc0 -r e52d87a2bb3e runtime/plugin/netrwPlugin.vim

        Ah, I see it now, in the 2nd hunk.

        Would never have guessed that my only remote buffer (in a different tab)
        was the culprit.

        A parent can be arrested if his child cannot hold back a burp during a
        church
        service.
        [real standing law in Nebraska, United States of America]

      • Lech Lorens
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
          On 01-Aug-2010 Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
          > hm...
          > hg log -f runtime/plugin/netrwPlugin.vim --style changelog
          > hg diff -r 6de9efd58dc0 -r e52d87a2bb3e runtime/plugin/netrwPlugin.vim
          >
          > Ah, I see it now, in the 2nd hunk.
          >
          > Would never have guessed that my only remote buffer (in a different
          > tab) was the culprit.

          It was probably not. I had a similar problem when trying to execute
          a "session file" which opened two local files.

          --
          Cheers,
          Lech