Vim 7.3 version conflict

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
      Even after "make reconfig" (which did not happen spontaneously), the
      latest Vim 7.3 installs its runtimes in $VIM/vim73d but looks for them
      in $VIM/vim73c (:version displays "VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3c BETA").

      Is there a conflict between the src/Makefile and the version.h ?

      src/version.h line 36:
      #define VIM_VERSION_NODOT "vim73c"

      src/Makefile line 933
      VIMMINOR = 3d

      Hugh Hefner is a virgin.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
        Tony Mechelynck wrote:

        > Even after "make reconfig" (which did not happen spontaneously), the
        > latest Vim 7.3 installs its runtimes in $VIM/vim73d but looks for them
        > in $VIM/vim73c (:version displays "VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3c BETA").
        >
        > Is there a conflict between the src/Makefile and the version.h ?
        >
        > src/version.h line 36:
        > #define VIM_VERSION_NODOT "vim73c"
        >
        > src/Makefile line 933
        > VIMMINOR = 3d

        Right, I forgot to update src/version.h. Done now.

        --
        You can test a person's importance in the organization by asking how much RAM
        his computer has. Anybody who knows the answer to that question is not a