The :list command uses 'listchars' (undocumented)

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2010
      Neither :help 'listchars' nor :help :list mention that the latter uses
      the former: for instance, with

      :set listchars=tab:\|_,eol:ś

      the :list command will show a ś (not a dollar sign as stated) at the end
      of each line, and hard tabs will be diplayed as |____|_______|_______
      not ^I^I^I

      I suggest the attached documentation patch.

      Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault," while biting
      someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault."
      [real standing law in Louisana, United States of America]

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
        Tony Mechelynck wrote:

        > Neither :help 'listchars' nor :help :list mention that the latter uses
        > the former: for instance, with
        >
        > :set listchars=tab:\|_,eol:¶
        >
        > the :list command will show a ¶ (not a dollar sign as stated) at the end
        > of each line, and hard tabs will be diplayed as |____|_______|_______
        > not ^I^I^I
        >
        > I suggest the attached documentation patch.

        Thanks.

        --
        Managers are like cats in a litter box. They instinctively shuffle things
        around to conceal what they've done.