How do you enable the conceal feature?

  • Gary Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2010
      I just updated to the latest Vim 7.3 changeset on my Linux system
      and after building it noticed that the conceal feature wasn't
      included. I tried to enable it using

      ./configure --enable-cscope --enable-conceal

      but got this warning:

      configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-conceal

      I could probably get it with --with-features=huge, but I don't want
      the kitchen sink. How do I add the conceal feature to a normal
      build?

      Regards,
      Gary

    • Christian J. Robinson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 23, 2010
        On Fri, 23 Jul 2010, Gary Johnson wrote:

        > I could probably get it with --with-features=huge, but I don't want
        > the kitchen sink. How do I add the conceal feature to a normal
        > build?

        --with-features=big

        Or edit src/feature.h:

        /*
        * +conceal 'conceal' option. Needs syntax highlighting
        * as this is how the concealed text is defined.
        */
        #if defined(FEAT_BIG) && defined(FEAT_SYN_HL)
        # define FEAT_CONCEAL
        #endif

        - Christian

        --
        Christian J. Robinson <heptite@...> -- http://christianrobinson.name/

      • Gary Johnson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 24, 2010
          On 2010-07-23, Christian J. Robinson wrote:
          > On Fri, 23 Jul 2010, Gary Johnson wrote:
          >
          > >I could probably get it with --with-features=huge, but I don't want
          > >the kitchen sink. How do I add the conceal feature to a normal
          > >build?
          >
          > --with-features=big
          >
          > Or edit src/feature.h:
          >
          > /*
          > * +conceal 'conceal' option. Needs syntax highlighting
          > * as this is how the concealed text is defined.
          > */
          > #if defined(FEAT_BIG) && defined(FEAT_SYN_HL)
          > # define FEAT_CONCEAL
          > #endif

          Thanks!

          Regards,