vim.org scripts section unavailable? (MySQL server down)

  • Peter Odding
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2010
      Hi all. Today I started adapting one of my Vim plug-ins to support
      auto-update using the getscript plug-in. I was just about ready to start
      testing and then the vim.org MySQL server went down and since then I'm
      unable to browse the scripts section or download scripts (using a web
      browser). The following error message appears instead:

      Query attempt failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
      '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

      Ironic that this should happen while I was wondering about vim.org being
      a central point of failure as the back-end for the getscript plug-in :-\

      Does anyone know when the service might be available again?

      Thanks,

      - Peter Odding

    • James Vega
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2010
        On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Peter Odding <peter@...> wrote:
        > Hi all. Today I started adapting one of my Vim plug-ins to support
        > auto-update using the getscript plug-in. I was just about ready to start
        > testing and then the vim.org MySQL server went down and since then I'm
        > unable to browse the scripts section or download scripts (using a web
        > browser). The following error message appears instead:
        >
        > Query attempt failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
        > '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
        >
        > Ironic that this should happen while I was wondering about vim.org being a
        > central point of failure as the back-end for the getscript plug-in :-\
        >
        > Does anyone know when the service might be available again?

        According to SourceForge's maintenance blog[0], it should be available
        as of 21:00 UTC.

        [0]: http://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/sourceforge/2010/06/02/project-database-maintenance-2010-06-02/

        --
        James