[patch] 7.3 for zOS/EBCDIC

  • Ralf Schandl
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2010
      Hello,

      this is a patch to make vim compileable on zOS.

      Content:

      src/Makefile, src/configure.in, src/config.mk.in
      The command defined in the variable QUOTESED in the Makefile needs
      additional backslashes on zOS.
      QUOTESED is now set by configure in config.mk, depending on the OS.

      The file src/auto/configure is not part of the patch. It has to be
      recreated.

      src/eval.c
      Sort the table of functions if on a EBCDIC OS. The original table is
      sorted by ASCII chars. This is not valid for EBCDIC.

      src/feature.h
      Disabled:
      - spell checking. It just doesn't work.
      - farsi keymap, arabic, rightleft. Disabled as multibyte is
      already disabled.

      src/regexp.c
      Function reg_equi_class is ASCII dependant. Added a table for
      EBCDIC.

      runtime/doc/os_390.txt
      Updated and reordered. removed changelog.

      README_390.txt
      Updated

      src/INSTALL
      Building explained in README_390.txt

      In the named files, I replaced OS/390 with z/OS.

      -Ralf

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2010
        Ralf Schandl wrote:

        > this is a patch to make vim compileable on zOS.
        >
        > Content:
        >
        > src/Makefile, src/configure.in, src/config.mk.in
        > The command defined in the variable QUOTESED in the Makefile needs
        > additional backslashes on zOS.
        > QUOTESED is now set by configure in config.mk, depending on the OS.
        >
        > The file src/auto/configure is not part of the patch. It has to be
        > recreated.
        >
        > src/eval.c
        > Sort the table of functions if on a EBCDIC OS. The original table is
        > sorted by ASCII chars. This is not valid for EBCDIC.
        >
        > src/feature.h
        > Disabled:
        > - spell checking. It just doesn't work.
        > - farsi keymap, arabic, rightleft. Disabled as multibyte is
        > already disabled.
        >
        > src/regexp.c
        > Function reg_equi_class is ASCII dependant. Added a table for
        > EBCDIC.
        >
        > runtime/doc/os_390.txt
        > Updated and reordered. removed changelog.
        >
        > README_390.txt
        > Updated
        >
        > src/INSTALL
        > Building explained in README_390.txt
        >
        > In the named files, I replaced OS/390 with z/OS.

        Great, thanks. I'll include it in the vim73 branch.

        --
        We are the Borg of GNU GPL. We will assimilate your source code.
        Resistance is futile.