zOS: Screen update problem

  • Ralf Schandl
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 11:15 PM
      Hello,

      I compiled Vim on zOS (needed some fixes) and now realised some problems
      with screen updating. If I switch between files using :bn and :bp the
      content of the screen is scrolled on line up and not redrawn correctly.

      The content of the command line (":bn") is still visible (in the last
      but one line of the screen) and the entire content of the screen is one
      line of. After forcing a redraw with C-L everything is fine again.

      The attached screenshot shows the problem.

      Does anyone have an idea on that or a hint where to start looking?

      Btw: I Use Putty to connect to zOS. Might it be an issue with putty
      and/or termcap?

      Any help or hint appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Ralf

    • Ralf Schandl
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2010
        Ralf Schandl wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I compiled Vim on zOS (needed some fixes) and now realised some problems
        > with screen updating. If I switch between files using :bn and :bp the
        > content of the screen is scrolled on line up and not redrawn correctly.
        >
        > The content of the command line (":bn") is still visible (in the last
        > but one line of the screen) and the entire content of the screen is one
        > line of. After forcing a redraw with C-L everything is fine again.
        >
        > The attached screenshot shows the problem.
        >
        > Does anyone have an idea on that or a hint where to start looking?
        >
        > Btw: I Use Putty to connect to zOS. Might it be an issue with putty
        > and/or termcap?
        >
        > Any help or hint appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Ralf