Incorrect highlighting of VimL syntax

  • Lech Lorens
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28 4:05 PM
      The following VimL line does not the correct highlighting for me:
      set isfname-=\"

      What I get after executing
      for id in synstack(line("."), col("."))
      echo synIDattr(id, "name")
      endfor
      with cursor positioned on "set" is:
      vimIsCommand
      vimCommand

      While if I change the set command to state
      set isfname-=a

      I get
      vimSet
      vimCommand

      I'd say that the problem is with the syntax highlighting file, but I dug
      into syntax.txt and read (syn-priority):
      1. When multiple Match or Region items start in the same position, the item
      defined last has priority.

      In syntax/vim.vim (version 7.2-95) vimSet is defined on line 284, while
      vimIsCommand is defined on line 100. Both should match at this position,
      so if the vimSet region is defined later in the syntax file, I would
      expect it to take precedence. Since it isn't so, I can't help but
      believe that either this is an error in Vim or in syntax highlighting
      documentation.

      Obviously, it is possible that I misunderstand the documentation. In
      this case this might be a problem with syntax/vim.vim. I'll be grateful
      for any comments.

      --
      Cheers,
      Lech