Re: Updated gcc compiler file

  • David Harrison
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2010
      I made Vim place signs after doing a ":make" command (ends up looking
      a bit like Eclipse or Visual Studio) by parsing the list returned by
      getqflist(), but I soon discovered that Vim didn't know there were any
      warnings or errors to look for. While the getqflist() function
      returned a list, the "type" of entry in a qflist was nonexistent.

      To see an example of this, type ":make" and when it finishes, type
      ":echo getqflist()". If you look for "'type' : " you'll see that it
      has nothing associated with it.

      So, I added the two lines that you indicated to the gcc "compiler"
      file to resolve the issue. Now, after I do a ":make", I have
      correctly placed signs throughout the editor (looking for type = "w"
      or "e"). As a bonus, any errors coming from ":make" are now
      highlighted in the ErrMsg highlight group, which I wasn't expecting.
      I'm referring to the use of ":cw" here and it's displayed window.

      I figured the change wouldn't hurt anything since most people
      (including myself until recently) just look at the output of ":make"
      and probably don't use Vim scripts for automating that process.

      Let me know if the change seems useful!