Re: using strong encryption in vim

    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2010
      Mohsin wrote:

      > So I downloaded the source with hg, and built gvimd.exe with VC++.
      >
      > I see that vim only writes encrypted file with VimCrypt~01 version (I
      > am looking at fileio.c)
      > how do I get it to use VimCrypt~02 for writing new files.

      :set cryptmethod=1

      Currently the default is still 0, to avoid people creating files they
      can't uncrypt on another system. I'm not sure when the default can be
      1. Perhaps only in Vim 7.4.

      > I have another minor patch ready for
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_strengthening
      > which I need to test a bit.

      OK, please send me a patch against the mercurial repository when you are
      ready.

      > Minor build fix for vc++ was to comment out this line,
      > netbeans.c:369 // sock_errno =3D EINTR; // sock_errno is a function
      > (not an l-value) in win32.

      That was fixed, please "hg pull".

      --
      From "know your smileys":