Re: Planning Vim 7.3

  • Nazri Ramliy
    Message 1 of 73 , May 2, 2010
      On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Jordan Lewis <jordanthelewis@...> wrote:
      > This should be a relatively easy fix, if the desired behavior is to have all
      > of the symlinks associate to the same undo file as the target. Same story
      > for hard links.

      No it's not quite the same story for hard links, because, well, hard link is
      a totally different animal than soft link:

      With hard link you have 1 or more filenames that associates with the same inode.
      With soft link you have 1 or more filenames that associates with the
      same filename.

      With hard link it's harder (impossible?) to determine what the 'target'
      is based on their file names because of ambiguity: one hardlink is no
      different than another - they are all first class 'file names'.

      Using the SHA1 of the content of the target file as the unique id into
      its associated undo file might solve the problem.

      If this is the solution that you had in mind when you said that it is
      a relatively easy
      fix then please ignore my ramblings above :)

      nazri

      Message 73 of 73 , Aug 13, 2010
        Roland Puntaier wrote:

        > On 08.12.2010 22:43:06
        > Bram@... wrote :
        >
        > > Can you please also write some text for the help about this?
        > > I'll change the E999 to a valid number, we should have a tag in the help
        > > file that explains the message.
        >
        > In my yesterday's patch I have changed the E999 line in if_python.c and
        > if_python3.c.
        > Please restore it to the original line.
        >
        > Here is the diff for if_pyth.txt with a E999 tag.

        Thanks, I'll include it.

        57. You begin to wonder how on earth your service provider is allowed to call
        200 hours per month "unlimited."