Re: Planning Vim 7.3: relative line numbers

  • Markus Heidelberg
    Message 1 of 73 , May 2, 2010
      Hello,

      I have reviewed the patch for relative line numbers and while going
      through the changes again, from the point of regressions I think it is
      hard to introduce any in this patch, because most of the changes for the
      'relativenumber' option are pretty parallel to the 'number' option.

      Bram Moolenaar, 2010-04-11 16:33:

      > I will try to include a few patches that have been pending for a while.
      > I don't have much time available, thus I will only include things that
      > take a few hours of my time. That basically means patches that are
      > ready to be included.

      The relativenumber patch is more than 2 years old now and used by
      several people (I don't have numbers). I can't remember problem reports
      except for a compilation problem in the tiny build.

      > I will check the voting list to see what the most popular features are:
      > http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php

      Not the most popular feature, but at least it has already 45 points from
      3 voters and it's only in this list since 3 weeks.

      Markus

      Message 73 of 73 , Aug 13, 2010
        Roland Puntaier wrote:

        > On 08.12.2010 22:43:06
        > Bram@... wrote :
        >
        > > Can you please also write some text for the help about this?
        > > I'll change the E999 to a valid number, we should have a tag in the help
        > > file that explains the message.
        >
        > In my yesterday's patch I have changed the E999 line in if_python.c and
        > if_python3.c.
        > Please restore it to the original line.
        >
        > Here is the diff for if_pyth.txt with a E999 tag.

        Thanks, I'll include it.

        57. You begin to wonder how on earth your service provider is allowed to call
        200 hours per month "unlimited."