Re: internal error with Vim-7.2.411 (E315: ml_get: invalid lnum: 3)

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 5:08 AM
      Dominique Pelle wrote:

      > I can reproduce internal error E315 with Vim-7.2.411 on Linux:
      >
      > $ yes | head > foo.txt
      > $ chmod a-w foo.txt
      > $ vim -u NONE -c 'au FileChangedRO * :%d' -c 'norm 3GD' foo.txt
      >
      > Error detected while processing command line:W10: Warning: Changing a
      > readonly file
      > E315: ml_get: invalid lnum: 3
      >
      > I realize that we're not meant to change the file in the
      > FileChangedRO autocommand (and Vim warns about it: W10).
      > However, I don't think it should cause an internal error.

      Thanks for reporting this. We should not get ml_get errors.
      I wonder what would be the best way to handle this.
      Perhaps it's just a matter of correcting the cursor position?

      --
      The process for understanding customers primarily involves sitting around with
      other marketing people and talking about what you would to if you were dumb