CTRL- and others keys not recognized by windows console vim

  • Jean Johner
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2010
      Hello,

      I installed vim_7.2.411 (Cream) on a PC running windows XP.
      Launching vim from the command line:
      vim -u NONE file1
      then
      :tabe file2
      we see that CTRL-<PageUp> does not shift between tabs (as it should
      according help).

      Indeed, CTRL-<PageUp> does generate a sequence of two characters (0xCE
      0x84 ) (as can be checked in insert mode using CTRL-V CTRL-<PageUp>)
      but this sequence is not recognized by vim as being <C-PageUp>.
      This can also be checked in insert mode using CTRL-K CTRL-<PageUp>
      which does not display <C-PageUp>.
      For the same reason
      map <C-PageUp> xxx
      has no effect.

      The above description also applies to the following keys:
      CTRL-<PageDown>
      CTRL-<Insert>, CTRL-<Del> (but SHIFT-<Insert> and SHIFT-<Del> are
      recognized)
      CTRL-<Up>, CTRL-<Down> (but CTRL-<Left>, CTRL-<Right> are recognized)
      CTRL-<Fn> for n=1-12 (but SHIFT-<Fn> are recognized)

      No problem with windows gvim.

      See also vim_use thread: "Problems with the windows console vim"

      Best regards

      Jean Johner